Emmanuel Methodist Preschool is a Christian school that has been serving Howard County and the nearby areas since 1978. In February 1994, Emmanuel became a licensed preschool by Howard County Division of Early Childhood Development and the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) Office of Child Care. Emmanuel was the first preschool in Howard County to be accredited by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) in 2009. In addition, we participate in Maryland EXCELS at check level 5 rating. Our stability and longevity are results of a dynamic, age-appropriate child-centered program, active parent involvement, and dedicated, experienced staff.
Our mission is to provide a safe, nurturing, fun and loving environment in which all children will learn and grow. We will promote Christian values, such as sharing, honesty, compassion, fairness, caring, cooperation, respect, and tolerance. We will provide an active, challenging hands-on curriculum that allows all children including those with special healthcare needs or disabilities to explore and discover the world around them. This will be accomplished by maintaining an active partnership involving teachers and administrative staff, parents, and our community by fostering an environment that is engaging, supportive, and responsive to each child, enabling them to succeed in our ever-changing world; in addition, to the continued professional development and education of our staff and continued reflection, evaluation, and improvement in our high quality program.
Emmanuel Methodist Preschool provides an exceptional early childhood experience, while preparing each child regardless of disability of special healthcare needs, for a successful transition into kindergarten. We help children grow and develop socially, emotionally, cognitively, and physically. We do this by providing developmentally age-appropriate, hands-on activities and programs which:
- Foster emotional, social, physical, and spiritual development.
- Cultivate Christian values and practices.
- Provide a safe and happy atmosphere where each child is recognized as an individual person of infinite worth.
- Build self-esteem and creates a nurturing atmosphere where children can learn and socialize with their peers as they grow at their own pace.
- Encourage each child to think, reason, question, discover, and practice newly emerging skills.
- Develop language skills, such as listening, speaking, writing, and reading readiness.